Masks

Floor layer dies following fatal exposure to toxic fumes

Floor layer dies following fatal exposure to toxic fumes

A 30-year old floor layer has died following overexposure to adhesive while laying a bathroom floor in London.

Read more »

Company fined after teenager found unconscious after fume exposure

Company fined after teenager found unconscious after fume exposure

A refurbishment company for alloy wheels was fined £32,000 after a 16-year-old apprentice was found unconscious after being exposed to hazardous chemical vapours in the workplace.

Read more »

Cattle dehorning can cause toxic smoke warn scientists

Cattle dehorning can cause toxic smoke warn scientists

A new study carried out by Linköping University in Sweden found that smoke fumes generated by hot iron cattle disbudding/dehorning contain hazardous toxic gases 12 times over the short term exposure limit (STEL).

Read more »

Company sentenced after giving employee silicosis

Company sentenced after giving employee silicosis

A stone masonry company, based in Accrington, has been fined £18,000 after failing to adequately protect its employees from being dangerously exposed to silica dust – resulting in one employee contracting silicosis.

Read more »

The real story behind the broom scandal

The real story behind the broom scandal

Last month the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) made the headlines in UK newspapers for warning a furniture maker not to dry sweep his workshop. Mr Northcroft, the recipient of the warning told the Sun Newspaper that it was “a load of rubbish” and labeled the request a “joke”.

But is this a case of health and safety gone mad? Or should we really think twice about sweeping?

Read more »

HSE Construction Inspection Initiative 2019

HSE Construction Inspection Initiative 2019

Starting this month, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) will be carrying out a new round of targeted inspections in the construction industry – with a particular focus on respiratory protection procedures.

Read more »

Contractor fined following illegal asbestos work

Contractor fined following illegal asbestos work

Asbestos is an extremely hazardous substance. Alongside being a category I carcinogen, exposure can lead to a variety of other serious health conditions and is responsible for around 5,000 deaths per year in the UK alone. Yet dozens of contractors continue to receive fines every year for improper or unlicensed handling of asbestos containing materials.

Read more »

The Custom-Fit

The Custom-Fit

Introducing the new Easimask Custom-Fit.

Exceptional Comfort | Exceptional Pass | Exceptional Fit

Read more »

11 things you really need to know about INDG 479

11 things you really need to know about INDG 479

After almost 20 years of service, the HSE’s guidance on Fit Testing RPE (the OC 282/28) has been retired by a new document – the Industry Guidance (INDG) 479 ‘Guidance on respiratory protective equipment (RPE) fit testing.’

Read more »

Fit2Fit and BSiF launch set of companion booklets to compliment new RPE Guidance

Fit2Fit and BSiF launch set of companion booklets to compliment new RPE Guidance

Fit2Fit and the British Safety Industry Federation launched a new set of companion guides to the HSE’s INDG 479 this month at a special launch event hosted by the Health & Safety Event – Birmingham 2019.

Read more »
Page