A 30-year old floor layer has died following overexposure to adhesive while laying a bathroom floor in London.Read more »
A refurbishment company for alloy wheels was fined £32,000 after a 16-year-old apprentice was found unconscious after being exposed to hazardous chemical vapours in the workplace.
A stone masonry company, based in Accrington, has been fined £18,000 after failing to adequately protect its employees from being dangerously exposed to silica dust – resulting in one employee contracting silicosis.Read more »
Last month the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) made the headlines in UK newspapers for warning a furniture maker not to dry sweep his workshop. Mr Northcroft, the recipient of the warning told the Sun Newspaper that it was “a load of rubbish” and labeled the request a “joke”.
But is this a case of health and safety gone mad? Or should we really think twice about sweeping?Read more »
Full Support has shown its continued commitment to the production of high-quality respiratory products, education and training by joining the British Safety Industry Federation (BSIF).Read more »
Starting this month, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) will be carrying out a new round of targeted inspections in the construction industry – with a particular focus on respiratory protection procedures.Read more »
Asbestos is an extremely hazardous substance. Alongside being a category I carcinogen, exposure can lead to a variety of other serious health conditions and is responsible for around 5,000 deaths per year in the UK alone. Yet dozens of contractors continue to receive fines every year for improper or unlicensed handling of asbestos containing materials.Read more »
A group of respiratory medical experts are calling for lung cancer in those who have never smoked to be more readily acknowledged as a problem.Read more »
An NHS Trust has been fined by the Health & Safety Executive this month for the mishandling of asbestos and exposing staff to the highly hazardous substance.Read more »